“EDUARD PAMFIL” INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF YOUNG GUITAR PLAYERS
The 23 Edition * December 15th – 16th, 2018
The 23 edition of “Eduard Pamfil” International Festival of Young Guitar Players will take place at the National College of Music “George Enescu” on 30, Gheorghe Manu Street, Bucharest – Romania
The guitar contests will comprise 4 age categories:
A) participants that were born after January 1st, 2008
B) participants that were born after January 1st, 2005
C) participants that were born after January 1st, 2002
D) participants that were born after January 1st, 1993
The competition for categories A, B and C will take place on Saturday, 15 Dec. starting at 10 AM and THE AWARD CEREMONY IN THESE CATEGORIES WILL BE SATURDAY, at 18 PM.
The contest for category D will take place on Sunday 16 Dec. starting with 10 o’clock, THE AWARD CEREMONY AFTER THE END OF THE COMPETITION.
The order of the contestants will be established by the organizers and it will be announced right after receiving all. The decisions of the jury will be final.
* For Category A) the contest repertoire will be at the contestant’s free choice and will last for a maximum of 8 minutes.
* For category B) the contest repertoire will last for a maximum of 12 minutes and will comprise works from different music periods.
* For category C) the contest repertoire will last for a maximum of 15 minutes and will comprise works from different music periods.
* For category D) the contest repertoire will last for a maximum of 20 minutes and will comprise works from different music periods.
For Category D, the Prizes will be as follows:
1st Prize – a Scholarship for the International Guitar Festival Sinaia – Romania 2019
(accommodation + meals + contest participation & concerts)
– one guitar Hora s.a. Reghin
2nd Prize – a Scholarship for the International Guitar Festival in Targu Mures 2019
(accommodation + full board and festival fees)
3rd Prize – a scholarship for the “Eduard Pamfil” International Festival of Young Guitar Players 2019
For Categories A, B and C, Prizes will be awarded in money, musical instruments, accesories and special trophies.
The contestants can participate to a superior category of age. In this case they will pay the taxes for both categories.
The contest participation fee is Euro 20 for categories A, B and C, and Euro 30 for Category D.
The participation taxes will be paid on Saturday, December 15th and Sunday 16th of December, before the begining of the contest.
The jury will be composed of personalities of Romanian guitar and will be chaired by Professor Liviu Georgescu, President of the Romanian Guitar Foundation and Festival Director.
Award winners are required to attend the Prize Awards to raise their prize. If for objective reasons this is not possible, the prize will be raised by the teacher, parents or a delegate colleague After this date the prize will be considered withdrawe. The Romanian Guitar Foundation decline it’s obligation to deliver prizes after the contest.
The winner of the first prize in an age category will be not allowed to participate next year in the same category, but in a superior age category.
For accommodation purposes, we recommend:
1. Ibis Hotel on 143, Calea Grivitei Street, Bucharest 1 (across the North Railway Station Gara de Nord)), which proves very good accommodation conditions at reasonable prices. Reservation: email@example.com or phone. (+40)21/3009100, http://www.ibishotels.ro/hotel-ibis-bucuresti-gara-de-nord .
2. Hello Hotel on 143, Calea Grivitei Street, Bucharest 1 (across the North Railway Station Gara de Nord), good conditions at reasonable prices for students. Please contact the Hello Hotel: http://continentalhotels.ro/Hello-Hotels/offer/tarife-de-nota-10-pentru-studenti/, firstname.lastname@example.org, or +40 372 121 800.
The Participation Chart will be e-mailed by Saturday, 1 December 2018 at the latest, to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTESTANTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DATE
The Romanian Guitar Foundation declares that personal information other than the name and age of the competitors will not be transmitted to third parties and will not be used for purposes other than those related to the organization and promotion of the International Guitar Festival “Eduard Pamfil “.
For futher information please contact:
ROMANIAN GUITAR FOUNDATION
Prof. Liviu Georgescu – Director of the festival
Mariana Georgescu – General Secretary
Eduard Pamfil studied psychiatry at the famous “Sorbonne” University of Paris where he obtained the degree of doctor in medical sciences. In the same period he studied classical guitar, also in Paris, with one of the most important teachers of the 20th century, Emilio Pujol from Spain.
He was the first “Romanian guitarist” to perform at the Romanian Athenaeum, playing the Concerto in A major by Mauro Giuliani together with the physicians’ orchestra.
From 1983 until 1990 the teacher Eduard Pamfil was a member of the jury of the National Classical Guitar Festival in Sinaia, and in this position, through his attitude and advice, he became the true ideologist of the guitar movement in Romania. Being a guitar teacher, performer, designer, poet and essay writer are just a few of the aspects of the personality of a great psychiatrist and PhD professor whose specialised books have been translated in several languages while he is still considered to be one of the founding fathers of the Romanian school of psychiatry.
Through this festival we wish to bring our truest homage to the person who was always a great friend of the guitar and of all guitar lovers.